- This World Wide Web site with its home page in the domain “surgerysouth.com” (the ” Web site “) is a complimentary information service offered by Surgery South, P.C., (“SSPC”) at no charge to users of the World Wide Web, with the express condition that these users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement. SSPC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions any time, and you must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement (not an older cached version) each time you view the Web site. Do not use the Web site if you do not agree to all of the following terms and conditions.
- You acknowledge that the information on the Web site is provided “as is” for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who are familiar with your individual medical needs. Always seek the advice of your physician before starting any new treatment, or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. SSPC makes no warranties of any kind regarding this Website, including, but not limited to, any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the server that makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
- You agree that you will hold harmless SSPC and its members, officers, directors, employees, and agents from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this Website or the information contained in this Website or other websites to which it is linked, including, but not limited to, claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed or downloaded from this Website or another website to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or infringing upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will SSPC or the contributors of information to this Website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- This Web site provides several ways for you to submit information to SSPC in an electronic format. These ways to submit information include electronic mail and the use of hypertext markup language (HTML) forms. Several of SSPC’s HTML forms have been made available on Web pages in a secure sockets layer (SSL) environment that utilizes 128-bit encryption. Utilizing SSL technology enables information that is entered into these HTML forms to be encrypted, so that it is extremely difficult for anyone to intercept and read information between your computer and the server to which you are making a connection. All SSPC forms on this Web Site that utilize SSL can be identified in several ways:
- The Web pages with HTML forms utilizing SSL may have text on the page indicating that SSL is being utilized or the word “Secure” may appear somewhere on the page.
- The Web page address (URL) will begin with the following: https://www.surgerysouth.com/
- Please note that the beginning part of the address should include “https” and not just “http”. The “s” indicates that the Web page is utilizing SSL.
- When the Web page is opened, a notification message may appear to you stating that security has been enabled.
- Some indication on the browser screen (such as a closed padlock in Internet Explorer) may appear to indicate that SSL is enabled.
- You acknowledge that not all of the means of electronic communication on this Web Site utilize SSL. Only those means of electronic communication that are clearly identified utilize SSL. Therefore, you agree that any information you send to SSPC in electronic format that does not utilize SSL may be compromised or intercepted by other individuals. Further, you acknowlege that while SSL makes it extremely difficult for electronically submitted information to be compromised or intercepted, there is still a possiblity that the information may be compromised or intercepted.
- You acknowledge that opinions and recommendations contained in this Website are not necessarily those of the SSPC nor endorsed by SSPC.
- SSPC may provide links on the Web site to other Web sites which are not under the control of SSPC. In general, any website which has an address (or URL) which does not contain “surgerysouth.com” is such a Web site. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by SSPC of the organization or individual operating the Web site, or a warranty of any type regarding the Web site or the information on the Web site.
- You may provide a hypertext link to this Web site on another Web site, provided that: (a) the link must be a text-only link clearly marked “Surgery South, P.C.” (b) the link must “point” to the URL “http://surgerysouth.com” and not to other pages within the Web site, (c) the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with SSPC’s name and trademarks, (d) the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not create the false appearance that an entity other than SSPC is associated with or sponsored by SSPC, (e) the link, when activated by a user, must display this Web site full-screen and not with a “frame” on the linked Web site, and (f) SSPC reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion by amending this User Agreement. You agree that all other hypertext links to this Web site must be approved in writing by SSPC.
- This Web site (excluding linked sites) is controlled by SSPC, which is headquartered in the State of Georgia, United States of America. It can be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. As each of these places has laws that may differ from those of Georgia, by accessing this Web site both you and SSPC agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to conflicts of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to use of this Website. You and Surgery South, P.C., also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of Henry County, Georgia and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia with respect to such matters. SSPC makes no representation that materials on the Web site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
The information provided is believed to be accurate; however, like any printed material, it may become out-of-date over time. The information is not intended as medical advice. It is therefore important to rely always on your healthcare professional to employ good clinical judgment for the specific conditions of the individual patient.
Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in part or in its entirety for any reason other than personal use is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the SSPC and the proper entities.